Thursday, October 1, 2015

Ma + turity = Maturity: The Equation to Putting it Together

(Ma-turity) * (Imma-turity) * (–turity): Putting YOU Together

We strive to be the best, but do things that the best do not do. Why? We are immature. We live the life that everyone else lives because that is what we see and that is what society conforms to. As a college student, I am still working to find myself and discover where I am headed in life. I do not want the bull____. I want the life that God has planned for me. I want the life that is real, not one copied from another person or one created behind a curtain. I’ll go through the ups-and-downs and I am completely fine with failing, as long as I learn and grow from my experiences.
You have a first name, most have a middle name, and you have a last name. What does it all mean to you? For me, I can be Austin, or Austin Baker, or Austin McClain Baker. Sometimes I do not represent myself well or I fail because I do not try and therefore, I am just Austin. But I strive to be Austin McClain Baker every day because why should I be here if I am not living to my full-potential? Give all you have every day and never for an instant, think about shorting the effort you give.
With all of the experiencing and all of the ups and downs, I have realized that life is too remarkable to worry about the failures; overlooking the beautiful sights life places in front of us. I have learned from many to value myself and value who I am because life is filled with people who will take you for granted, even if they do not mean wrong. Well, I have been given the advice, and now I am applying it.
I am growing tired of meeting the people who promise a promise, but only give you their back when they forget. I search for people who are motivated, passionate about life, family-oriented, and ready to step out of the immature phase. What is that immature phase: The constant idea that life is going to give you success, that you can party every day, that you can cheat life, and that you can just watch while the world is falling apart. We are at an age that the responsibility to act and live with maturity is imperative and expected. We are the leaders of the world and it is our turn to start taking initiative.
I am on a route to where, I do not know yet. But I have made changes to my mindset and it is clear to me that I have just a couple years left until I will either be working for myself or working for someone else. It is up to me to decide what I want and it is up to everyone else reading this whether or not they want to be their own leader or whether they want to follow the college degree path and let their resume choose it for them. Take initiative and make the decision for yourself. Do not let your degree or any person determine your value or your future.
Be the best you can be. Only you can measure that. Be your first, middle, and last name because you mean something. Be a person of maturity and not just –turity. Put it all together and represent yourself to the highest level nobody would ever expect. Live a life appreciating the people you encounter and the moments you share with them. There are going to be good times and there will be rough times, but you must stay driven and follow the arrow God has pointed out for you. You are never lost, only misguided by overusing your mind and not trusting The Lord. God will place people in your life to teach you what you do not know, and you will meet people to teach them what they do not know. You will see the picture unfold itself with time, just have Faith.


-Austin McClain Baker











Austin Baker 
Instagram: @ABaker___  @DoYouInspiration
DreamsDriveDetermination@gmail.com
Austin.Baker25@yahoo.com




No comments:

Post a Comment