Sunday, December 8, 2013

Where I'm From

Where I'm From
By: Austin Baker
 
I am from the South.
I am from the pinecones dropping from the edge of the gutters.

I am from the crepe myrtles; the tree that produces colorful, budding flowers.
I am from fishing and dreaming.

I am from the motivated and courageous.
I am from the parents who said “you can be whatever you want to be” and to be thankful.
I am from a family who prays for thanks, forgiveness, and the opportunity to be a part of this world every day when we awake.
I am from the cabinet that holds hundreds of pictures from day one of our family starting at the beginning until the day we are at today; too many pictures to even fit.

I am grateful.
 
I am proud to be the individual that I am.

I believe that anything is capable of being conquered.
I am from the area of the warm summers, days at the pool, summer baseball, and traveling to the beaches.
I am from the family that has told me to never give up.

I am from the family that has told me not to dream for the purpose of dreaming, but to dream for the purpose of achieving.

This is where I am from...
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment