Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Appreciation for Music


Appreciation for Music

The respect I have for music continues to rise to a new level. Nothing else in this world allows me to be alone and reflect on my life like music does. We all have our own outlet(s), whether good or bad that takes us away or clears our mind to think with clarity.
            Thinking with emotion and deep thought brings you into a different mindset that nobody knows about you. I even wonder where I go when music kicks in and I begin to focus. I just become inspired to the extent that anything I think about becomes my motivation. Without music, I would not be as motivated as I am today and as a result, I have acquired a great appreciation for all types of music and the impact it has on the lives of people it touches.
            Although music brings me to an emotional state, almost like a depressing setting in a sense, I am able to discover what is really important to me because what comes to my mind first tends to be what I care for most. I never plan on music reaching my senses so greatly, but when I start thinking, the engine begins to start and the wheels begin to turn.
            I am able to connect to my own life and realize what I am doing right, what I am doing wrong, and how I can grow to be a better person in all areas of life. Music, whether presented in the form of Rap or Gospel is telling a story of some sort and there is a reason behind it. Just like paintings, novels, essays, or poetry, music is a form of art that illustrates one’s emotions, mindset, and feelings at a given time.

            The late night motivation kicks in when the music plays, and the late night thoughts follow…Just another day to appreciate the life I am living.
            -Austin McClain Baker



Austin Baker 
Twitter/Instagram: @ABakerPresident
DreamsDriveDetermination@gmail.com
Austin.Baker25@yahoo.com






           

           

           

No comments:

Post a Comment